Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Family

We have a great family...it's a good size. My husband and I met 32 years ago at the Big Sky Ski Resort in Montana. My folks owned 2 of the first hotels in the area called The Hostels way back then. My father in all his wisdom prepared me for another working season by reminding me to please be nice to the employees! Apparently they thought I was stuck up and aloof...when in reality I was horribly shy. So with my instructions to be nice at the forefront I met the two first new employees for the winter...and one....well....one; well he must have wanted to impress the boss with how good he could get along with the daughter and I followed my instructions and was very nice to the one employee anyway!! We married a year and a half later and have had a lot of adventures along our way. We have 2 children of our own, then we started with foster children and had 14 over the years one we adopted and one we just kept he was older and adoption wasn't in the plan for him but he's ours non the less and we're his.
The family's growing too. We have 2 grandsons, one granddaughter and one more granddaughter on the way and due to arrive in about 4 weeks or so!
So we've had a lot of laughter and tears along the journey and the journey twists and turns and the latest story may help some of you out there....
Our daughter's new and ongoing battle with Wegener's Vasculitis. Watch for more posts as I tell you her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment